Fear not, we've tweaked and fiddled until we have a recipe that works without the bread, and is dairy, gluten and shame free. But not slut free. Never that.
Breakfast Cups (Dairy & Gluten Free: Makes 6)
You will need:
- 12 slices streaky bacon
- Oil for frying
- Handful mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 4-5 large, free-range eggs
- Chives, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a muffin tray with oil. (Try and use a silicon tray if you can: you'll get a much better shape with less hassle).
- Place a frying pan over a low heat and fry the rashers of bacon gently (so that they do not curl or go too crispy) for 5-10 minutes, until pink all over.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, quickly fry the mushrooms and garlic in oil, or a butter substitute, for around 2-3 minutes. Make sure the garlic doesn't catch.
- Line your muffin / cupcake tray by pressing one slice of bacon around the outside, then using the another (or pieces of another) to cover the bottom and any gaps. Press down into the tray.
- Spoon the mushrooms into the bottom of the cups.
- Lightly whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper. You'll need 4 or 5 depending on whether you're using a muffin or cupcake tray.
- Slowly spoon the eggs on top of the mushrooms, filling near the top but not over the edge of the bacon.
- Give another twist of seasoning and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives and RETURN TO BED.