May I suggest these delicious, beer-glazed nuts, shot through with crispy, salty shards of pancetta? They're quick and easy to make, and fiendishly moreish.
Move over Pringles... snacking just got serious.
Beer & Bacon Nuts (makes a lot)
You will need:
- 180g cubed pancetta
- 250ml beer
- 160g soft brown sugar
- 400g mixed nuts
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Fry the pancetta in a dry pan until crispy, then add in the beer and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes until it's reduced to a gloopy glaze.
- Throw in the nuts and stir well so that they're all coated in beery, bacony goodness.
- Spread evenly across the baking sheet and place in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool before breaking up any chunky bits and sprinkling with salt. Store in an airtight container or, y'know, scoff the lot immediately.