But the fabulous Penny Golightly sent me the recipe to make gingerbread syrup meaning Christmassy goodness can be had all year round!
You will need:
- 250ml water
- 150g light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole cloves (optional)
- Heat the whole lot gently in a saucepan until all the sugar has dissolved. This will take less than 5 minutes.
- Give it a good stir, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Fish out and discard the cloves, if you're using them, then pour the syrup into a clean jar and cover tightly.