There are some people that don't like chocolate. There are also people who eat too much chocolate over the Easter period and never want to look at chocolate again until ... the following week. Or perhaps you've already used up all your chocolate in our clever every flavour chocolate cupcakes.
These little coconut nests are the perfect solution. They are incredibly delicious, bite size coconut morsels of joy – crunchy on the outside with soft and pillowy innards. They are embarrassingly easy to make and don't require any special ingredients other than desiccated coconut, available from most local corner shops. Oh, and they have the added bonus of being gluten free.
Coconut Bites (makes about 16)
Preparation Time: 5mins
Fridge Time: 30mins
Cooking Time: 10mins
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g butter, melted
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Leave the mix in the fridge for about half an hour, to firm up (it can be left for a few days).
- When you're ready to bake, heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
- Shape the mixture into little balls, a bit smaller than a golf ball (don't make them too neat).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.