Chocolate Orange Tiffin
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
You will need:
For the tiffin:
- 110g butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 200g chocolate digestive biscuits
- 2 heaped tbsp mixed peel
For the topping:
- 150g good quality dark chocolate
- Large knob of butter
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- Juice of 1/4 orange
- 100g white chocolate
- Orange zest, to decorate
- Place the butter, sugar, golden syrup, cocoa powder and orange zest together in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Melt together, stirring until combined.
- Place the biscuits in a zip lock bag and thump with something good and heavy until crushed. (Leave the odd big chunk)
- Stir into the melted butter and cocoa, along with the mixed peel.
- Line a 20cm square or rectangular tin with baking parchment.
- Tip the mixture into the tin and press down.
- Melt the dark chocolate, butter and syrup in 20 second bursts in the microwave, or in a bain marie.
- Leave to cool for a minute or so, before stirring in the orange juice.
- Spoon on top of the tiffin and spread evenly.
- Melt the white chocolate in the same way.
- Drizzle or pipe onto your tiffin in whichever pattern you like, and grate over a sprinkling of orange zest.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Cut into slices and try not to eat the whole thing in one evening...