These are what you should make if you ever feel stressed about what to cook in a short space of time. Everyone will love them. They are SO quick and SO easy to make - yet with a few Persian-inspired ingredients, it feels like Arabian Nights.
Lamb, Date and Pistachio Meatballs (makes 12)Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10-15 mins
You will need:
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- a handful of pistachios, roughly chopped
- a handful of chopped dates (or sultanas)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- a small handful of mint, chopped
- salt and pepper (a tbsp of each)
For the tahini yoghurt:
- a few tbsp of yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- lemon juice (about half)
- leftover mint, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together with your hands and roll into large golf-sized balls.
- Rest in the fridge for half an hour — if you can't wait, just fry straight away until golden, then pop them in the oven (180C/350F/Gas4) for 5 mins, just to cook right through.
- Mix the ingredients for the yoghurt together and serve. There, told you it was easy!