Fill it with anything you like, and remember that it tastes just as good cold from the fridge, making it the perfect lunch box addition.
You will need:
- 250ml milk
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fillings - I used red pepper, ham and cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a standard baking sheet, leaving an overhang of paper over each shorter end.
- Whisk the milk and flour until smooth. Add the eggs, mustard powder, and salt and pepper and whisk it all together. Pour into the baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the edges come away from the sides and the rest of the egg looks set.
- Add the toppings of your choice and bake for about 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven, loosen the edges with a butter knife, then carefully roll from a short end into a Swiss roll shape. It might be quite hot. I have asbestos fingers; if you don't, wait a few minutes!
- Slice and serve with lots of hot buttered toast.