Don't expect it to taste exactly like quiche - hello, there's no pastry for a start - but do get your tastebuds a-tinglin' for hot, eggy, blue cheesy, bready, chorizooey (Deschanel) GOODNESS. It is marvellous. I had two in one sitting.
Feel free to mix up the recipe and chuck in whatever ingredients you have lying around - vegetables work well, and any kind of cheese can be used. If you're using a non-creamy cheese, I'd add a scant tablespoon of cream to add some oomph.
Chorizo & Blue Cheese Cup Quiche (serves one)
You will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 25g crusty bread, torn into small chunks (I used the heel of a small loaf)
- 30g chorizo, skin removed and diced
- 20g soft blue cheese, cubed (I used Saint Agur)
- A sprinkling of chopped parsley, fresh or dried
- In a cup, beat the eggs and milk until mixed. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the bread pieces, tszuj it around in the egginess a bit, and then throw in the chorizo and cheese. Poke at these until they're more or less covered with egg.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then microwave for 2-3 minutes, depending on your MICRO-POWER! Keep a close eye on the cup as it spins around, lest the egg comes whooshing over the sides. The middle will look set once it's done. Obviously.
- Smugly eat, while surveying the (almost) zero washing-up.