I tend to spend the month before Halloween thinking up amazing costume ideas and then hoping fervently that one of my friends actually throws a fancy dress party. So far my favourites are:
- An Evil Victorian Pie Seller (with a tray of dubious pies)
- The Statue of Liberty from the end of Ghostbusters 2 (complete with mini Ghostbusters on my crown and Jackie Wilson playing on repeat)
- Head Swapping Princess Mombi! The fabulous villain from Return to Oz (I really want to be a Wheeler as they're terrifying but even I can't spend all night roller skating on all fours)
Alas there have been no costumed invites this year, which is probably a good thing as most of these costumes would take an age to create. But I can still celebrate with a drink or two and this glamourous cocktail not only looks like something an undead Marie Antoinette might enjoy but it's got a good kick that'll hopefully make me more amenable to those snot filled bratty Trick or Treaters.
The Coffin Liner
You will need:
- 50ml Chambord Liqueur
- 50ml Scotch Whisky (I used Loch Fyne Blended Whisky)
- 15ml Elderflower Cordial
- 25ml Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Heart shaped sweet (I used a Haribo, and ate all the leftovers, sorry Trick or Treaters)
- Cocktail stick or mini staking device of your choice (could be an umbrella, I won't judge)
- Shake the Chambord, whisky, cordial and orange juice over ice.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Drop the heart shaped sweet into the glass and give your guests each a staking device to rid their drink of EVIL! (i.e. eat the sweetie.)