Be under no misapprehension, the star of this drink is the salt. The primary ingredients of yellow grapefruit juice (although pink grapefruit works equally as well) combined with gin make a perfectly adequate drink, but it's the tiny pinch of sea-salt that gives this drink an indefinably moreish quality. Just the thing to take the edge off of Friday.
- 50ml of premiumish gin (something with recognisable botanicals)
- 75ml grapefruit juice
- A dash of angostura bitters
- Half a pinch of Maldon sea salt
- Dry shake the salt, grapefruit and gin for 10 seconds
- Pour over an ice filled tumbler