I've mixed this with apple juice but you could try ginger beer, Sprite, lemonade or just sparkling water for a different flavour.
You will need:
- 50ml water
- 40g sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle of dry white wine, like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1 carton of apple juice
- 50ml brandy (optional but awesome)
- Orange, apple, handful of strawberries - all sliced
- Make a cinnamon syrup by heating the water, sugar and cinnamon sticks until boiling, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Pour the wine, apple juice, brandy (if using) into a large jug and add the fruit. Refrigerate for four hours if you can bear it - the boozy fruit will reward your patience.
- Serve with ice cubes and cinnamon sticks.