I'm pretty sure you're all familiar with, and capable of throwing together a Mai Tai, Mojito or Margarita, or maybe even shoving a cocktail umbrella in a Pina Colada or Singapore Sling, but in order to properly ward off those post-holiday blues I thought I'd share the recipes to two of my favourite tiki drinks, the walk-in-the-park delicious London Sour and the deadly Zombie.
The London Sour
Invented in the London branch of Trader Vic's this recipe ditches the kitsch plethora of liqueurs in favour of amazing flavours.
- 50ml Whisky (Scotch works best)
- 25ml orange juice
- 25ml lemon juice
- 1 dash sugar syrup/agave
- Shake all the ingredients over ice
- Strain into a martini glass
- Play tiki tunes
Less of a drink and more a supermarket booze list order, this beauty is the paradigm of tiki punches. If you're feeling dangerous serve with a 151 rum drenched, flaming half passion fruit.
- 25ml clear rum (think Bacardi)
- 25ml golden rum
- 25ml dark rum (old navy)
- 25ml apricot brandy
- 25ml pineapple juice
- 25ml part lime juice
- Pour all the ingredients into an ice filled shaker
- Pour into an ice filled tumbler, and if you're feeling adventurous follow the tip above.